Metcalfe and District Ringette Association Scholarship Program
Metcalfe and District Ringette Association (MDRA) Scholarship program provides a scholarship of $500 towards post-secondary education for a ringette player, volunteer, coach (including coach in training) and/or official who demonstrate a strong commitment to the sport of ringette. Recipients receive a scholarship award certificate recognizing their achievements. MDRA executive will determine the best candidate for the award based on the criteria below.
Please note that for the 2022 Scholarship Program, this award may be divided into two awards for $250 each.
- Applicants must be currently playing, coaching, volunteering or officiating Ringette within MDRA
- Applicants must have participated in Ringette for a minimum of 3 years.
- Applicants may have competed at the Provincial or Regional level.
- Applicants must be moving on to a full-time post-secondary institution for the next academic year.
- The educational institution specified must be a university, college or other educational institution located in Canada providing courses at a post-secondary school level education.
- Applicants must complete an application form.
- Applicants must obtain and include two (2) current letters of reference with at least one from someone within the Ringette community.
- Applicants must include a transcript of marks for the last completed year of their education.
- Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line must read: Your Name - MDRA Scholarship Awards program
- Application and supporting documents must be compiled into one (1) file. (PDF format preferred)
- Application file name must be: your name
- Applications sent via hard copy will not be accepted.
- Applications must be received by MDRA by Friday, May 13, 2022.
MDRA will not release scholarship funds until proof of registration as a full-time student at a Canadian university for the next academic year has been provided. Scholarship funds must be applied to the academic year for which the scholarship was awarded. MDRA will not grant requests to defer scholarships from one academic year to the next.
Successful applicants will be asked to attend the MDRA annual general meeting in order to receive the scholarship.